Bus from Patong Beach to Phuket Town
If you have one day, I suggest you stay at Patong beach to suntan, shop, massage, or enjoy some sea sports. But if you really want to explore the Phuket old town, take a look at my Phuket’s one day guide.
Here’s how you can reach Phuket Town by bus.
- First, find the bus stop at Patong beach, rather spot the bus and asked any local standing around if it is the bus to Phuket town. Usually there will be 2 to 3 buses congregating together. It should be near Merlin Hotel, Patong Beach Road, and leaves from 6:10am to 5:20pm.
- We went up the bus to wait for it to move off to Phuket Town. Good that we did that, because it slowly got crowded. So grab a seat if you can.
- Before we reached the town, the driver came to collect 30 Baht from each person.
- You will arrive at the “local bus station” on Ranong Road (near to the famous market). The local buses at this station link Phuket Town to all beaches in Phuket.
- For buses travelling from Phuket to major destinations around Thailand:
- If you are going to the ‘new’ bus station on Thepkasattri Road, you need to change bus.
- If it’s the old station off Phang Nga Road, you don’t need to change.
- Confirm with the driver prior to boarding.
The bus journey from Patong Beach to Phuket Town takes about 50 minutes. It’s a bit long but a good and cheap alternative to taxi. You can take a 30-40mins taxi ride for about 200 Baht, but this is just a guide.
Remember to catch the last bus back from Phuket Town to Patong beach: 7am to 6pm!
What attractions are you visiting in Phuket? Share with us your suggestions below or on our Facebook Page or Instagram.
Bookmark this page >> Comprehensive Guide to Mariner of the Seas (Royal Caribbean) as I update it with links of useful tips and navigation around the cruise.
Travelled in December 2015 | Trip is fully paid by us and in no way sponsored.