Overview Itinerary of Northern Kyushu, Japan (Winter/Spring 2018)
Travelling with an Infant to Northern Kyushu (Japan)
Be sure to bookmark this page as I update my Itinerary of Northern Kyushu. It’s our first trip with Baby Evangeline and we went to a cold place for a road trip. What were we thinking of?! Baby Evangeline just turned 8 months old when we went.
We took a red eye flight from Singapore to Fukuoka with Singapore Airlines. We took a highway bus from Fukuoka airport to Nagasaki and travelled around Nagasaki on foot. Thereafter, we did a road trip from Nagasaki to Kumamoto, Mount Aso, Kurokawa, Yufuin and lastly back at Fukuoka. We travelled from 21 February to 1 March 2018.
It was winter going Spring. The temperature fluctuated between 2 to 15 degrees Celsius. There was a drop to -1, -2 degrees Celsius when it rained at Kumamoto. The rain followed us through to our last lap in Fukuoka.
Useful Travel Information
Important Tips for Winter Wear:
- How to Dress Baby for Winter?
- How to Layer Clothes for Winter? (Part 1)
- Layering Clothes for Winter (Part 2)
Other Travel Matters:
- Overseas Transactions Fees for ATM and Credit Card
- A Guide to Buy Travel Insurance
- Guide to Claim Travel Insurance (PART 1), (PART 2)
Itinerary at a Glance
This is our first trip with an infant of 8 months old.
- Find out how it is like travelling with a baby for the first time and to pack for baby!
- If you have older kids, you might want to bring them to Sanrio Harmonyland.
Summarised my travels in Northern Kyushu in this Travelogue:
- Airport Transfer: From Fukuoka International Airport to Nagasaki
- Rental Car: Self Drive in Northern Kyushu (Winter)
- Subway in Fukuoka: If you wan to travel around Fukuoka, grab a Fukuoka Subway 1 or 2-day Unlimited Pass.
Articles about Nagasaki: travel.joogostyle.com/tag/nagasaki
- Atomic Bomb Musuem & Peace Park
- 5 Food to Eat in Nagasaki
- Nagasaki Glover Garden and Oura Church
- Night View of Mount Inasa
- Nagasaki in 2 Days (Suggested Itinerary, including accommodation review: Hotel Belleview Nagasaki Dejima)
- Book a day tour of Takachiho Gorge and Mount Aso with Klook and enjoy the journey!
- Accommodation: Kurokawa Onsen Ryokan Wakaba (Super love this place, exceed Takinoya Bekkan Tamanoyu in Noboribetsu)
- Eat and Shop around Yufuin
- Accommodation: Hotel Monte Hermana Fukuoka
- Rent a Kimono in Yanagawa of Fukuoka and explore!
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. Affiliate link means I’ll get a small commission if you make a purchase. There’s NO extra cost to you. I appreciate your support to maintain this website, so that I can share more tips with you. Thank you!
6 thoughts on “Overview Itinerary of Northern Kyushu, Japan (Winter/Spring 2018)”