Cable Car at Sentosa, Singapore
I remembered being scared during my first ride of cable car at Sentosa as a young girl. I was afraid of the leg-shaking heights. But after many years, I was excited to try it again! :)
The iconic cable car line runs above the hill from mainland Singapore and brings visitors across a skyscraper and a harbour to reach Sentosa Island. This was the original cable car line which had gone through revamps since I was a little girl. This route is now known as the Mount Faber Line. Along this route, you might be able to spot the dolphins at Resorts World Sentosa’s Adventure Cove!
Then there’s a new addition to the cable route that I didn’t know about until I reached Sentosa. It’s the Sentosa Line. It’s very new, since June 2015! This cable car route brings you from one cluster of Sentosa attractions to another. You can get the unlimited pass to travel around Sentosa (instead of the Sentosa express train) if you are not rushing for time.
Mount Faber Line Stations
Mount Faber Station (Faber Peak Singapore)
HarbourFront Station (HarbourFront Tower 2)
Sentosa Station (Imbiah Lookout – next to Gift Shop)
Sentosa Line Stations
Merlion Station (Sentosa Merlion)
Siloso Point Station (Siloso Beach, Fort Siloso, Underwater World Singapore)
Imbiah Lookout Station (Universal Studios Singapore, S.E.A. Aquarium, etc)
A Review of my Cable Car Experience
We took the Sentosa Line only, reasons being:
- We were already in Sentosa with free admission! If I am not wrong, the ticket price for the Mount Faber line includes the admission fee into Sentosa. Since we had free admission with the islander card, we didn’t see the point of going into Sentosa with the cable car.
- The start or end stop of Mount Faber Line (Mount Faber Station) is on a hill.
- Foot: We had “climbed” up that hill before. It’s quite a track upwards, not one to start your trip leisurely.
- Vehicle: However, if you are getting there by car or taxi, then it wouldn’t be much of a problem.
- Bus: There’s no bus to bring you to the doorstep.
- Train: The nearest MRT is Harbourfront Station which is a 5 minutes walk to the Harbourfront Cable Car Station. But this cable car station is enroute to and fro Sentosa.
- I just wanted to take a budget cable car route for the kick of it. Hence S$10 (we topped up $1 to make it two-way) along the Sentosa Line is good enough. Taking 2 cable car lines two-way in a day seemed to be an overdose. There wasn’t much time for us to crawl around in the sky too. :P
A picture to testify that I’ve overcame my fear of heights! (Thank God the floor is not transparent. If not, my legs would have gone wobbly like my experience at Fort Siloso Skywalk.)
The views are nice, but different from the ones along Mount Faber Line.
Viewing the other side of Sentosa from a high vantage point.
Enjoying the view together!
We didn’t regret our choice! It’s a good price at S$10 to have a cable car experience. Glad we didn’t opt for the 2 cable car lines package. If we had, we wouldn’t have time to walk around Sentosa and have dinner in between. We almost didn’t finish our two-way journey due to a lack of time.
Tip: You can get off at the different cable car stations along the route. Simply hop back on again at the same stop to complete the two-way circuit.
1: For non-locals, you can find cheaper tickets selling at Qoo.sg, Carousell, Gumtree, Groupon or on the cable car / sentosa website. :)
2: If you don’t foresee yourself taking many cable car rides, don’t get the One-Day unlimited rides just for the Back-of-House tour! We have insider news that it’s actually nothing much. But if you are a big fan of cable cars, we are not stopping you.
- Guided Tour will begin at hourly intervals from 9.30am to 3.30pm (Last tour of the day will start at 3.30pm).
- Meeting Point: Mount Faber Cable Car Station (Faber Peak Singapore)
3: Top up S$1 to make it a two-way trip!
Opening Hours & Getting There
Cable Car: 8.45am – 10pm Daily (Last boarding at 9.30pm)
Ticketing Office: 8.45am to 9.15pm
Address (Mount Faber Station)
109 Mount Faber Road, Faber Peak, Singapore 099203
How to get there?
If your starting point is from Mount Faber Station, you can get there by car, taxi, mrt or foot. However, the nearest MRT Station is Harbourfront, which is a 5 minutes walk to Harbourfront Cable Car Station. More info on their main website (scroll all the way down).
Read about our experience at RWS S.E.A Aquarium, Fort Siloso & Sky Walk. Stay tune for our next adventure during our Sentosa staycation at Hotel Michael!
Image Credit: www.faberpeaksingapore.com | Travels October 2015