Hotels in Sentosa Singapore – Which One to Stay in?
I was never a big fan of staycation. For a short stay at our home country, the hassle to pack for the whole family just doesn’t seem worth it. The expense seems unnecessary. We could simply use our home as a base to explore around. However with the travel restrictions, staycation seems like the next best thing. Staying in a hotel in Sentosa sounded like a good idea to stay away from the routines, familiarity and city buzz.
Last September, we went far east to Changi CSC for a foodie staycation. A few months later, we needed a break again, an escape from our daily grind. The SingapoRediscovers Vouchers (“Vouchers”) gave us an added incentive to book a staycation too.
Please use the Vouchers before they expire in December 2021. Head over to my previous articles for inspiration to use the Vouchers in Sentosa, or for tips to save even more with the Vouchers. For example, go through Shopback to redeem your Vouchers on Klook or Trip.com, and get more cashback! Earn S$5 cashback when you sign up using this referral link and spend S$20: app.shopback.com/WJbbfDF4zeb.
Now, let’s find the hotel for you to book and have an island-cation!
Changi is quite a distance from the usual city bustle, but we decided to go South this time to the State of Fun, SENTOSA! I chose Sentosa because I wanted the children to dip their toes in the sea and the sand. Feel the sea breeze in their faces and bask in the glory of vitamin D.
I never knew Sentosa is so big, or at least big enough to have so many hotels! Another surprising find was the many childcare / schools operating in Sentosa. This must mean a sizeable population staying in Sentosa. When Sentosa Cove was built, I wondered why people would even stay at such a far flung place. But after my visit this time, I think it’s a nice place to live in, especially for people who love the beach or grew up near the beach.
Other than residences, there is a myraid of hotel options in Sentosa, albeit not the cheapest around town. I’ve listed all of them below. Have a look and see which suits your needs and preferences the best. Do book through my Klook affiliate links to support this website, especially if you find what I share useful. Or buy me a cup of juice with the button on your right on desktop, or below in mobile. :)
Resorts World Sentosa (RWS)
RWS has five hotels ranging (from expensive to affordable):
- Crockfords Tower (Luxury Travellers) (closed for refurbishment, reopened from 5May2021) – Exclusive and luxurious all-suite hotel with custom-designed furniture, own steam room, and a 24/7 butler! (Book room through Klook.)
- Equarius Hotel (Nature Lovers) – Situated along the fringe of a tropical rainforest, this is a place for nature lovers. Near to nature and RWS attractions. (Book room through Klook or room with breakfast and dining credits.)
- Festive Hotel (*FAMILIES*) – The rooms are designed with families in mind. King, twin, loft beds, cribs, you name it, they have it for you! (Book room through Klook without SRV.)
- Hard Rock Hotel Singapore (*FAMILIES*) (temporarily closed) – This rock ’n’ roll hotel is next to Adventure Cove water park and an 8-minute walk from a tram stop. All rooms come with a pull-out bed, making it perfect for families. Rooms come with sofabeds and upgraded suites come with second bedrooms, kitchenettes, and balconies with pool views.
- Hotel Michael (Art Lovers) – We stayed in Hotel Michael in 2015 (pre-children days). The hotel is built as a tribute to one of America’s greatest contemporary architects Michael Graves. The maple accented room with its mural walls and artistic furnishings will make you feel like you are walking into an art gallery. Even the bathrooms are works of art. (Book room through Klook or room with USS tickets.)
RWS offers other types of accommodations (with hefty price tags):
- Beach Villas (Solo/Couple Retreat) – Located on the western tip of RWS, these secluded tropical sanctuaries offer spectacular views. All rooms come with private jacuzzi, buggy service resorts wide, round the clock butler service, and complimentary Sentosa Express Pass. 1-Bedroom Villa has direct pool access, while 2-Bedroom Villas and above have private lap pool, outdoor shower facilities, and spa/massage room. (Book room through Klook.)
- Ocean Suites (Couple Retreat/*FAMILIES*) – Designed like a two storey townhouse, these 11 suites offer guests the land and sea experience. The upper level has an open living area leading to an outdoor patio and Jacuzzi, while the lower level offers an underwater view of the aquarium in the comfort and privacy of your own suite. (Book suite through RWSentosa.com.)
- TreeTop Lofts (Solo/Couple Retreat/Nature Lovers) (temporarily closed) – There are only two one-bedroom lofts, giving you the epitome of exclusivity and privacy. Enveloped in a canopy of native trees and perched 12 metres high above, you will be immersed in the nature. Hang your clothes in a walk-in wardrobe, enjoy the sun in private outdoor terraces, and call your butler around the clock.
- W Singapore (For Cool Artsy Hipster): A hotel with contemporary sophistication and glowing design elements. Step into the magical rainforest inspired by orchid, peacock and lalang fields. Admire art pieces by renowned artists like Andy Warhol. Get into the cocktail culture of W Hotels in WOOBAR. Swim like a free willy in Singapore’s largest resort outdoor pool area. Pump it up at their 24/7 fitness centre filled with state-of-the-art equipment. After all the action, relax in the spa that includes a sauna, steam room, vitality pool, Vichy shower and outdoor space. (Book room through Klook with SRV, or book without SRV.)
- ONE°15 Marina Sentosa Cove Singapore (For Boaters): It offers world-class marina facilities along with a range of exclusive club amenities that ranges from infinity pool, fitness centre, spa, restaurants and bars. Enjoy privacy as you stay in one of the 26 rooms in the clubhouse. (Book room through Klook with SRV, or book without SRV.)
- Village Hotel Sentosa (*FAMILY*): A wallet friendly option in Sentosa. With family rooms available, you can also request for unique child amenities. Both indoor and outdoor pool activities are available with 4-themed pools – Lazy River Pool, Children’s Play Pool, Adventure Pool and infinity Pamukkale Pool. (Book room through villagehotels.asia.)
- Amara Sanctuary Resort Sentosa (Couple Retreat/Pet-cation): Go on a spa retreat with your loved one in this colonial style building. The resort has won several awards for its elegant conservation efforts. Better yet, get the pool villa and enjoy maximum couple time. If you have a beloved furkid, bring it along and ask for the Pampered Paws package (welcome pack, luxury bedding and in-room menu for your pet). (Book room through Klook with SRV, or book without SRV.)
- The Outpost Hotel Sentosa (Adults Only): It’s adults only place, sort of. Guests must be aged 12 and up. So you wouldn’t hear screaming babies and see running toddlers all day long. It can be a good getaway place for tired parents who want their quiet alone or couple time. (Book room at theoutposthotel.com.sg.)
- The Barracks Hotel Sentosa (Solo/Couple Retreat): Once a British artillery outpost, it has now been lovingly restored to a stylish hotel with timeless charm and old school luxry. Get exquisite service and exclusivity with just 40 rooms and suites. Selected rooms on the ground floor also offer direct access to the pool and Jacuzzi. (Book room at thebarrackshotel.com.sg.)
- Capella Singapore (Luxury Travellers / Pet-cation): With only 112 rooms on a 30-acres of lush grounds (that’s almost 23 football fields), you get much personal space and privacy. Choose from a Room, Suite, Villa or Manor to stay in. To spice up your staycation, request for resort activities such as cooking and cocktail making. Stay luxuriously in this old world colonial charm and enjoy the triple-tier infinity pool, and gourmet restaurants. Bring your furkid for their VIP (Very Important Pet) treatment which includes a curated perromart welcome pack. (Book your room at capellahotels.com. Or book an aparthotel from Club Residences of Capella through Klook with SRV, or book without SRV.)
P.S. There’s a direct path from Capella to Palawan Beach.
- Sofitel Singapore Sentosa Resort and Spa (Couple Retreat/Girls Trip/*FAMILY*): Perching on the cliff-top above Tanjong Beach, its open view lobby overlooks the sea, pool and lush greenery. This French spa resort offers rooms, suites and villas. As the hotel name suggests, be pampered with its extensive range of spa treatments. Otherwise, head over to a high-tech gym facility, and kids playroom to get some blood pumping. While the mummies and daddies enjoy their spa time, the children can have their own retreat of activities (from S$35, for 5-12 years old). Also for a time period, you get to set up a kid’s tent in the room for a family glampcation! (Book through Klook with options of meals, booze, and spa.)
P.S. There’s a direct path from Sofitel to Tanjong Beach.
- Siloso Beach Resort (Eco-lovers/*FAMILY*): Located on Siloso Beach, all the rooms have bay windows overlooking the beach. On the other hand, the villas are constructed to preserve the terrain it is built on. Hence, you can find trees coming through the floors of the villas, and are protected with glass encasings. Its landscape pool contains natural spring water harvested from the hill’s underground reserve. This pool water is minimally chlorinated and uses salt ionization. Good news for those sensitive to chemicals or with small children. Look out for the 18 meter high waterfall, and enjoy the hot water spa pool. Lastly, dishes are prepared with sustainable palm oil and herbs grown from the resort’s own garden, and ingredients are mainly sourced locally. (Book room at silosobeachresort.com.)
- Shangri-La’s Rasa Sentosa Resort & Spa (Beach Lovers/*FAMILY*): This is the only beachfront resort in Singapore, that is having direct access to a beach. Get one of its balcony or terrace-rooms that overlooks Siloso Beach and enjoy the sea view. This resort is definitely a family friendly place to stay in. Kid’s pools, kid’s slides and also mini indoor playgrounds dedicated to different age groups of children. We stayed here during April 2021 and I can’t wait to share my review about it! (Book room through Klook with SRV, or book without SRV.)