Airport Transfers: Melbourne
Australia (Perth & Melbourne) Itinerary Overview (2013). p.s. Read about our trip to Great Ocean Road!
▲ Transport Information | Perth ✈ Melbourne | ▲ Domestic Flight + Airport Shuttle
One could drive a long way from Perth to Melbourne, but if you don’t have the luxury of time, domestic flight might just be the best option for you.
Domestic airlines: Virgin Australia, JetStar, Qantas, Tiger Airways
Compare airfares at helloworld.com.au, webjet.com.au/flights, wotif.com
Melbourne Airport Transfer
For Melbourne Airport: To and from metropolitan Melbourne
- Express shuttle between Melbourne Airport (Tullamarine) and Southern Cross Station (Melbourne city) – 24/7, including public holidays. Every 10 mins.
- A$18 Adult, one way; return A$36. Refer to the website for child, group and other fares.
- SkyBus is NOT a myki ticketed service. Purchase SkyBus tickets at its ticket booths at T1 or T3 or at their website.
- There’s also a complimentary hotel transfer service, subject to availability. On arrival at Southern Cross Station, check in at their Hotel Transfer Service booth. 06:00am to 10:30pm (Weekdays) and 07:30am to 5:30pm (Weekends, including NY eve and excluding Christmas).
All the bus routes:
- Depart from the bus-stop outside Terminal 1.
- Are myki ticketed services. Myki is your ticket to travel on trains, trams and buses. It is a durable smartcard that stores value and can be used over and over again.
- You can purchase a A$15 myki Explorer pack, comprising of myki card with $9 worth of value and one day’s unlimited travel in metropolitan Melbourne, handy maps, special offers and souvenir wallet.
Routes 478, 479 and 482
- Route 478 – Airport West SC – to/from – Melbourne Airport via Melrose Drive
- Route 479 – Airport West SC – to/from – Sunbury Station via Melbourne Airport (connects to Sunbury line trains at Sunbury Station)
- Route 482 – Airport West SC – to/from – Melbourne Airport via South Centre Rd
Route 901 (SmartBus)
- Passengers travelling to the city can board can board the high-frequency SmartBus Route 901, and take the train of the Craigieburn line from Broadmeadows Station, vice versa.
- The trip takes about 20 minutes, but longer during peak times.
- Technically the route runs from Melbourne Airport to Frankston.
Avis, Budget, Europcar, Hertz, Redspot, Thrifty. (Maps and Directions)
- Taxi ranks are located on the ground floor outside Terminals 1 and between Terminal 2 and 3. Terminal 4 will operate a taxi rank from the transport hub when it opens later this year.
- Taxi fare estimator
- Or find out more on their metered fare structure.
Hire Cars (VHA)
All hire cars in Victoria must be accredited and pre-booked in advance. Drivers will collect you from an agreed or designated point, which may be inside the airport. The fee is agreed to in advance, as there is no meter in the vehicle. Google ‘VHA Hire cars Melbourne’ for the various options for you to be chauffeured!
More info of the above transportation: melbourneairport.com.au > ‘Parking and Transport’
For airport shuttles and public buses to and from the following places and airports, please refer to this website.
For Melbourne Airport:
- To and from regional Victoria
For Avalon Airport:
- To and from metropolitan Melbourne
- To and from Geelong, Bellarine Peninsula, Surf Coast and the Great Ocean Road
Updated 5 July 2019
1 thought on “Airport Transfers: Melbourne”